Nicholas Pearson Associates is an established and respected, independent environmental consultancy with complementary expertise in ecology, landscape architecture, environmental assessment and visualisation. Our highly regarded team of ecologists provide the full spectrum of ecological services whilst maintaining excellent professional standards together with a high degree of scientific integrity. We have a broad client base and cover projects ranging from private residential properties to large multi-phased infrastructure projects.
We are looking for conscientious, self motivated, enthusiastic ecologists, to join our friendly team who can work collaboratively with others and on your own. We are looking to fill a number of seasonal positions including newly qualified graduates (preferably with some ecological survey or other ecological experience) and those with 2-3 seasons experience. Some positions would be based from our Bath office, whilst others would be predominantly field-based in the Midlands. You will need a willingness to travel outside the locality and work flexible hours, including some long hours and night working.
Your main role would be assisting in field surveys but there would be an element of desk-based work such as assisting with data analysis and preparation of reports. Your work would be supervised and supported by our ecologists, providing valuable experience and training in ecological consultancy work.
Depending on the position, you will have and be able to variously demonstrate:
- A relevant degree qualification;
- Membership of CIEEM;
- Knowledge of best practice survey and mitigation guidance;
- Knowledge of UK and EU legislation;
- Understanding and experience of protected species surveys and habitat assessments;
- Good report writing and communication skills;
- An interest in actively engaging with the design process to incorporate ecological measures into development proposals to deliver biodiversity net-gain;
- Full clean driving licence;
- Willingness to work flexibility.
Other elements which would be of benefit:
- Experience of Ecological Watching Briefs/Clerk of Works;
- Possess one or more protected species licences;
- Post-graduate qualification;
- A valid CSCS card;
- Access to your own car for business use.
We anticipate some positions will be for a period of up to 6 months (likely to commence in February/March 2020), whereas others will be variable each week where actual days, start and finish times will be variable and in accordance with the project need. We offer a competitive salary and a friendly and stimulating work environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please send a covering letter, CV and completed application form (downloadable below), preferably in digital form as a PDF by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post for the attention of Ceri Griffiths at Nicholas Pearson Associates, The Farm House, Church Farm Business Park, Bath, BA2 9AP.
Closing Date: 31 January 2020
No Recruitment agency applications will be accepted, thank you.