Nicholas Pearson Associates is an established and respected consultancy with complementary expertise in ecology, environmental assessment, landscape architecture and visualisation. Our highly regarded team provides a full range of EIA and environmental planning services whilst maintaining excellent professional standards. We are IEMA EIA Quality Mark registered.
We work on projects for a wide range of development sizes and types. We have clients across residential, commercial, energy, minerals, transport, education, recreation and leisure sectors.
We currently have an opportunity for an Environmental Planner to join our team in Corston, near Bath.
The role will be diverse and may include:
- Carrying out background research and report writing, including inputs to all stages of the EIA process;
- Managing projects;
- Meeting and liaising with clients, sub-consultants and external project teams;
- Contributing to fee estimates and proposals for new work;
- Supporting the work of our environmental planners, landscape architects and ecologists, as required.
It is envisaged that the successful applicants will be conscientious, enthusiastic and self-motivated, ideally possessing the following:
- A relevant degree qualification;
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation (e.g. IEMA);
- Relevant experience in the UK;
- A good working knowledge of UK planning, EIA, environmental legislation, policy and guidance;
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail;
- A full clean UK driving licence.
The following elements of experience would also be desirable:
- A relevant post-graduate qualification.
We will provide a competitive rate of pay, based on your experience and potential. We also support staff with continuing professional development.
To apply for the post please send a covering letter, CV and completed application form (downloadable below) preferably in digital format as a PDF by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post for the attention of Alison Carroll at Nicholas Pearson Associates, The Farm House, Church Farm Business Park, Corston, Bath. BA2 9AP.
The deadline for all applications to be received is Friday 30 August.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
No recruitment agency applications will be accepted, thank you.