Nicholas Pearson Associates is an established and respected consultancy with complementary expertise in ecology, environmental assessment, landscape architecture and visualisation. Our highly regarded team of ecologists provide the full spectrum of ecological services whilst maintaining excellent professional standards together with a high degree of scientific integrity. We have a broad client base and cover projects ranging from private residential properties to large, multi-phased urban expansion schemes.
We are seeking to appoint an Ecologist to join our existing team in our Bath office.
It is envisaged that the successful applicants will possess and be able to demonstrate:
- A relevant degree qualification;
- Membership of CIEEM;
- Knowledge of UK and EU legislation, and best practice survey and mitigation guidance;
- Understanding and experience of protected species surveys and habitat assessments;
- Good report writing and communication skills;
- An interest in actively engaging with the design process to incorporate ecological measures into developments to ensure net biodiversity gain;
- A full clean UK driving licence;
- Willingness to work flexibly, including evenings, nights and weekends when necessary, and in locations around the UK, as required.
The following elements of experience are desirable but not essential:
- Experience of Ecological Watching Briefs/Clerk of Works;
- Possess one or more protected species licence;
- A valid CSCS card.
We are offering a competitive salary together with a generous company benefits package within a friendly and stimulating work environment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for the post please send a covering letter, CV and completed application form (downloadable below) preferably in digital format as a PDF by email to email@example.com or by post for the attention of Ceri Griffiths at Nicholas Pearson Associates, The Farm House, Church Farm Business Park, Bath, BA2 9AP.
The deadline for all applications to be received is 9.00 am on Monday 16 September 2019.
No recruitment agency applications will be accepted, thank you.